Machinists Custom Choices – Benefits Overview
St. Paul Auto Dealers Association
ENROLLMENT DATES: 2/27/17 to 3/10/17
The Machinists Custom Choices Worksite Benefits program has offered IAM Represented employees additional financial security since 1997. Benefits offered include: Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness and Cancer, Accident Insurance and Identity Recovery.
- Life, disability, cancer, accident and critical products are all guaranteed issue. This means no employee will be denied coverage.
* All benefits, except disability, are fully portable with no change in benefits or cost.
- Available to family members.
- Individually owned – lifetime benefits.
- Every IAMAW employee gets fifteen minutes with a salaried enrollment counselor who is a
dues paying Machinist.
* Premiums collected through payroll deduction.
PERMANENT WHOLE LIFE INSURANCE
- Available to employees on a guaranteed basis. THIS MEANS NO HEALTH QUESTIONS
OF ANY KIND.
- Cost of life insurance will never go up and death benefit will never go down.
- Policies are available for employee, spouse, dependent children and grandchildren. Employee need
not apply in order to cover other family members.
- Employees purchasing $2.00 per week are guaranteed future increases in coverage regardless of health.
LONG TERM DISABILITY INCOME INSURANCE
- Available to employees on a guaranteed issue basis.
- Provides monthly benefits for accidents or illnesses that are not work related.
- Employees select a benefit amount from $300 to $2,500 per month.
- Tax-free benefits begin after 6 months of disability and are payable for up to 5 years.
- Available to all members on a guaranteed issue basis. This means NO health questions
of any kind are required for coverage.
* Provides up to $5,000 per month of benefit for chemo and radiation therapy.
- Provides a lump sum initial diagnosis benefit of $5,000.
- Provides benefits for transportation and lodging, experimental treatment, and wellness tests.
- Provides $625 per day if in Intensive Care/CCU.
- Benefits do not coordinate with group insurance and are payable directly to the policyholder.
ACCIDENT PLAN – PROTECTION FOR THE UNEXPECTED!
- 24 – Hour coverage for accidents, on or off the job.
- Available to members & dependents on a guaranteed issue basis.
- Guaranteed Renewable for life.
- $400 Emergency Room benefit.
- $1,500 plus $300 per day hospital admission benefit.
- Up to $50,000 accidental death benefit.
- Additional benefits for transportation, lodging, dismemberment, common accidental injuries,
and follow-up care.
- Benefits do no coordinate with group insurance and are payable directly to the policyholder.
- Benefits paid directly to the insured upon diagnosis of heart attack, stroke, cancer, organ
transplant, end stage renal failure, coronary artery bypass, Alzheimer’s disease, loss of sight,
speech or hearing, coma, paralysis, severe burns, and/or benign brain tumor.
- One-time skin cancer benefit of $300.
- Member coverage of $15,000, $25,000 or $50,000.
- Up to $25,000 of coverage is guaranteed issue for members.
- Dependent children covered at no additional cost.
- Members may also apply for coverage on their spouse.
- No lifetime maximum – additional occurrence and reoccurrence benefits.
- Health screening benefit of $50 per year.
- Benefits DO NOT coordinate with group insurance and are payable directly to the insured.
SAFE ID TRUST
- Complete ID recovery
- No deductibles
- Back to pre-theft status
- Lost wallet feature
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE BENEFITS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE MACHINIST CUSTOM CHOICES PROGRAM, CONTACT YOUR SITE COORDINATOR:
Joan Duck – Jduck@ebsworksite.com 334-391-1180